The Kyiv Museum of Ukrainian Decorative Folk Art is located on the grounds of the Kyiv Cave Historical-Cultural Preserve. The museum has extensive collections of Ukrainian artistic folk kylyms, printed and woven textiles; embroidery, needlework, dress, wood carvings, ceramics, pottery, glass, and decorative painting dating from the 15th c. to the present. The paintings of K. Bilokur are accorded an entire room in the museum.
The Kyiv Museum of Western and Eastern Art is a state collection of art works from Western Europe and the Orient. It was founded in 1919 on the basis of B. and V. Khanenko's private collection, which originated in 1870.
The museum has three sections: ancient, West European, and Eastern art. The exhibits include ancient Greek, Roman, and Byzantine art; paintings and sculptures by Italian masters such as P. Perugino, G. Bellini, A. Mag-nasco, F. Guardi, and J. Donatello; and the works of Spanish artists such as D. Velasquez, J. Zurbnran, and F. Goya; of Flemish masters such as P. Brueghel the Elder, F. Hals, P. Rubens, and J. Jor-daens; and of French painters such as J. David, J. Greuze, and F. Boucher. The Eastern collection contains sculptures and drawings from ancient Egypt, Syria, Iran, Turkey, Central Asia, Caucasia, India, Nepal, Tibet, Mongolia, Thailand, Japan, China, and Indonesia. The museum is housed in a building built for the Khanenko family by R. Meltser in the 1880s.