|The Kulishivka Village (343 residents), Nedrygailivsky Region, is situated on the steep slopes and in the valley of Khus River. The Right-Bank migrants founded the settlement in the mid-17th c. In the 19thc. the village belonged to the Holovkinskys, the known noble family. In 1839 the remains of the skeleton of a mammoth were discovered on the slope of the valley in glacial deposits (150-200 thousand years). Count Yu. Holovkinsky (chief chamberlain, member of state council and last representative of the family), highly educated owner of Kulishivka, estimated the find at its true worth and decided to immortalize it. The modest cast-iron monument to this find appeared on the right bank of the river, in the center of the village, two years later; it was the first world monument commemorating the paleontological find. The inscriptions on the monument are also of interest: they indicate the time of find, owner of this land, age and belonging of bones and the fact of their transfer to the zoological lab of Kharkiv University The most unusual inscription, unrelated to the find directly, informs that in the past the village of Kulishivka was situated on the Polish-Russian border. Presumably, it is a kind of contribution to the diplomatic the past of the count, who at one time was the Russian Ambassador to China and Vienna.