Ukraineatpresent.com - information about Ukraine  

Ukraine

 >

Northern Ukraine

 >

Zhytomyr oblast

 >

Nova Chortoryya

About Ukraine
Ukrainian Airlines
Ukrainian Women
Ukrainian Dating
Travelling around Ukraine
Ukrainian History
Northern Ukraine
Zhytomyr oblast
Kyiv oblast
Chernihiv oblast
Sumy oblast
Western Ukraine
Central Ukraine
Eastern Ukraine
Southern Ukraine

Nova Chortoryya

Palace of the Polish gentry Prushynsky
Palace of the Polish gentry Prushynsky
The Village of Nova Chortoryya (1.900 residents), Liubar Region, is located on the right bank of Sluch River. It was founded in the 20s of the 17th c, and in 1793, as a part of right-bank Ukrainian lands it was ceded to the Russian Empire. At the end of the 18th c. on the right bank of canyon-like river valley they started building a manor; the landscape park was laid out in 1815-1818. It took a century to form a farmstead, and some of its buildings are still surviving. The spacious two-storied palace, chapel (with paintings and mosaics by an Italian master), wings, and economic buildings surrounded by a wonderful park and garden occupy about 70 ha presently. It is the best park in the oblast: wonderful age-old linden alley, sunny clearings and painterly groups of coniferous (pine, fir) and deciduous (maple, elms, birch, linden) trees make up romantic compositions. Now there are 19.2 ha of 50 kinds of trees and including local 170-180-year-old trees. For many years now the farmstead has been housing the veterinary technical school.


 
 PREVIOUS PAGE NEXT PAGE
Liubar
Liubar
  Novograd Volynsky
Novograd Volynsky
 
 FEATURES