|It is a village (2,900 residents) in Obu-khiv Region on the banks of Krasna River at its inflow into the Kaniv Dnipro Reservoir. The name is related to the character of terrain: there are three fertile fields divided by the rivers Stuhna, Krasna and Bobrytsia. Archaeologist V. Khvoika of Czech origin (1850-1914), which from 1876 lived and worked in Kyiv, made the village famous. In 1896, near Trypillia, he discovered remnants of settlements of tilling tribes of Copper Age and named them "Trypillia Culture". A bit later (1898-1901), also on Kyiv area, he pioneered the description of burial field culture of Zarubynetska and Cherniakhivska types. The Trypillia Culture existed in VI—III millennia B.C.; its representatives were plowmen and cattlebreeders. The people of Copper Age tilled their land with hoes and primitive plows. They harvested with wooden sickles with horn or flint cutting-edge inserts, and ground their grain with hand-operated stone graters. These people are thought to be the first users of metal in SE Europe: they made weapons, decorations, and fishing tackle of native copper. However, ordinarily they used stone, flint, bones and horns of animals to make tools and household goods. The representatives of Trypillia Culture reared bulls, pigs, sheep and goats, began domesticating horses. There is the original archeological museum built in the form of black cube; its inside and outside exposition is dedicated to Trypillia Culture. Next to it, on the eminence, there is a monument dedicated to the civil war events (1918-1920). The town council sent a detachment to smash the Ukrainian forces of Zeleny, which controlled this area of Prydniprovya and even threatened Kyiv in 1919. The detachment's Trypillia raid was a disaster, and all raiders fell vi?tims to harsh reprisals. In 1938 the obelisk commemorating the heroes was erected: during fascist occupation it was destroyed. The new 26-meter granite obelisk commemorating the Trypillia raiders (sculptors I. Bilostotskiy, E. Fridman, architect Biler) was erected on the site of execution in 1956. According to monumental tradition of the time it was topped with a garlanded five-pointed star; on the front of the monument they installed a cast-iron slab with inscriptions and bas-reliefs.